Friday, July 19, 2013

Wild for Animals! Toddler Lap Time, 7/12/13



Wild for Animals! Toddler Lap Time, 7/12/13

(I took a photo, but I thought I had posted this story time already, so I have since deleted it. Oops!)

Book: The Day the Goose Got Loose by Reeve Lindbergh, illustrated by Stephen Kellogg
Only two kids came to this session, and from the start it was clear, that neither was interested in listening to stories. We made it through this book, then I threw out my plans and did something else. 

Song: Monkeys on the Bed

Book: If You're Happy and You Know It by Jane Cabrera
This book is magic! I only wish we had a copy that was larger than a board book. The kids loved doing all the motions, and the one little girl took the book home after enthusiastically "reading" it to her dad.

Song: Hands Up High

Song: Here We Go Up, Up, Up 

Activities with Animal Puppets:
We have never used animal puppets before, mostly because I only have about fifteen hand puppets, and there aren't always enough for everyone. With only two kids, though, we could each hold a puppet or even two! This was everyone's favorite part of story time - including mine.
Song with Puppet:  Mr. Sun
The kids were excited to see Mr. Sun, but as soon as I started singing, both took off running for the door. It was so funny I almost couldn't keep singing.

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...