Thursday, December 13, 2012

Baby/Toddler Story Time (at another branch), 11/29/12

I was asked to fill in for a children's librarian at another branch during the week after Thanksgiving. I'm always excited to visit other libraries, so this was a great opportunity. I had two groups - babies and toddlers first, followed by preschoolers. For both groups, I did a chicken theme. Here's the repertoire I presented for the baby/toddler group.

Song with Puppet: Hello, Mrs. Chicken, How Are You?

Book: First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger

Rhyme: Five Eggs and Five Eggs 

Book: Big Fat Hen by Keith Baker

Song: Los Pollitos 
This was my first time ever singing this song a cappella, and I flubbed the last line of the Spanish lyrics. Thankfully, the teachers in attendance were very forgiving. 

Book: Hurry! Hurry! by Eve Bunting, illustrated by Jeff Mack

Song: Over in the Barnyard 

Book: Minerva Louise and the Red Truck by Janet Stoeke

Song with puppets: Old MacDonald Had a Farm

Letter of the Day: Letter C
Since I was "on the road" and didn't know whether I'd have a flannel board, I decided to play with the letter C. I showed all the kids that they always have the letter C with them, and they can always make the C shape with their hands. Some of  the older toddlers tried to do it with me, and the adults did it for the babies.
  • Chickadee
  • This is the Way we Clap our Hands (This song is to the tune of "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush." We sang "this is the way we clap our hands," followed by "this is the way we clap up high" and "this is the way we clap down low.")
  • Drive, Drive, Drive the Car 
Song: If You're Happy and You Know It 


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...