Thursday, December 13, 2012

Preschool Story Time (at another branch), 11/29/12

This was my second session in a row at the branch where I filled in, but these kids were in preschool. We started out the same way as the baby/toddler group, but then we read some longer and more involved stories.

Song with Puppet: Hello, Mrs. Chicken, how are you?

Book: Chicken Big by Keith Graves
This book was the hit of the story time, especially with the boys. The sense of humor would work just as well for early elementary school as for preschool.

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big


Book: Chicken Little by Rebecca and Ed Emberley

I did something between these two books, but never took note of what it was! I'm sure it was either an action rhyme or Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes.


Book: Bob by Tracey Campbell Pearson

Song: I Had a Little Rooster
I have never sung this song at story time, and it didn't go over all that well. The only plus was that the kids helped me decide which animals to sing about it. I'd like to try it again with the ukulele and a lot more practice. 

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...