Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Yummy in my Tummy Drop-In Story Time, 4/26/13

 
 Yummy in my Tummy Drop-In Story Time, 4/26/13


Book: Pete the Cat: Pete’s Big Lunch by James Dean
I don't normally read easy readers at this story time, but I thought they would like this one. I was half right - some of the kids really were attentive to it, but the ones who weren't into it really weren't into it. Some of the adults really liked it, though. I might use it again in a smaller group - either preschool or pajama story time.

Flannel Board: Going on a Picnic
I used food and kitchen clipart from kizclub.com to make this flannel board.

Book: The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
This book got a great reaction at the beginning and end, but no one seemed to be listening in between. 

Song with ukulele and flannel board: Aikendrum

Letter of the Day: T
Song with ukulele: ABCs / Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song:  Hands Up High

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It



I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...