Monday, April 29, 2013

Yummy in my Tummy Baby Lap Time, 4/25/13

 Yummy in my Tummy Baby Lap Time, 4/25/13

 Rhyme: Cheek Chin

Book: I Love to Eat by Amelie Graux
This book is a very basic board book that simply shows an object and labels it. I modeled reading this book by expanding on what was already on the page. It seemed to go over well.

Song: C is for Cookie
This was a cute sing-along. I used stick puppets to hold up a cookie, then a banana, a slice of pizza, and a grapefruit. The parents all knew the tune, so it worked perfectly!

Song: All the Little Babies

Song: Tony Chestnut

Rhyme: One Two

Book: Lunch by Denise Fleming
This book doesn't usually go over that well, but I found it easier to read to the babies than to larger groups.

Song with Stick Puppet: Do You Know the Muffin Man?

Song with Puppet: Mr. Sun

Song: A Bouncing We Will Go

Rhyme with Puppet: Hey Diddle Diddle

Song: ABCs

Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It



I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...