Friday, March 8, 2013

Up, Up, and Away! Toddler Lap Time, 3/7/13 & 3/8/13

 Up, Up, and Away! Toddler Lap Time, 3/7/13 & 3/8/13
 
These two sessions were among the best Toddler Lap Times ever! I think it was mostly the fact that I was so well-rested from our snowless snow day on Wednesday, but it was also nice to have so many adults who were excited about story time and ready to participate.  

Book: Higher Higher by Leslie Patricelli
I need another break from this book. I have just read it way too many times.

Flannel Board Song: Five Astronauts Went Up in Space

Song: Five Little Martians (based on Five Little Monsters)

Book: The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins
This book worked well in the smaller group. I tried it once before with the big group (back before I had this blog, apparently) and have shied away from it since because it wasn't well received.

Song with Stick Puppets: I’m a Little (Red) Kite

Book: What Can You Do in the Wind? by Anna Grossnickle Hines

Song: Hands Up High
 
Song: Here We Go Up, Up, Up

Song: Shake My Sillies Out (Thursday) / I'm a Little Teapot (Friday) 

Songs with Stars
  • Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 
  • Song: One Little, Two Little, Three Little Stars
  • Song: There's a Star Upon My Head
Rhyme: Way Up High in the Apple Tree 

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...