Sunday, March 10, 2013

Up, Up, and Away! Baby Lap Time, 3/7/13

Up, Up, and Away! Baby Lap Time, 3/7/13

This was a lovely group of moms and babies (most of whom were in the 5-8 month range). All the adults sang along with me, and made the motions for every song, and best of all, they did their own  thing. Some held babies on their laps; others laid baby on a blanket or on their knees. They all took everything we did and made it their own. (I don't know if this is related, but I didn't bring a baby prop with me, and that seemed to take off the pressure to do things the "right" way.)  The books were not hugely popular - I think the adults are confused when we read books to babies. The babies loved all the puppets. I'll have to get back into the habit of printing out large clip art images and using them with stick puppets at this program.   

Rhyme: Cheek Chin

Book: Higher Higher by Leslie Patricelli

Rhyme with Cow Puppet: Hey Diddle Diddle

Song with puppet: Mr. Sun

Song: Here We Go Up, Up, Up

Song: All the Little Babies

Song: Head and Shoulders

Book: What Can You Do in the Wind? by Anna Grossnickle Hines


Song with Stick Puppets: I’m a Little (Red) Kite


Song: Tony Chestnut

Rhyme: Dance Your Fingers


Song: Bumpin’ Up and Down

Song:
Itsy Bitsy Spider

Song: If You’re Happy

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...