Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sending You My Love Toddler Lap Time, 2/14/13

  Sending You My Love Toddler Lap Time, 2/14/13
 (This week's theme is Valentines and mail.)

Tough crowd today! They weren't especially antsy, but they also weren't at all engaged. A lot of the regulars also didn't make it, so the newbies were more reluctant to participate.  

Book: Where is Baby’s Valentine? by Karen Katz
This was the best of the three books. I'll need to see if I can find more decent lift-the-flap books for this group, because they really love that element of surprise.

Rhyme: Making Valentines
This was cute, but the kids seemed confused.

Song: Love My Mommy

Book: All Kinds of Kisses by Nancy Tafuri
I have never had this book bomb before, but it did today.

Song: One Little, Two Little, Three Little Kisses

Rhyme: I Can Hug
This one looked better on paper than in practice. A lot of the twos weren't here today, and the younger ones just couldn't do the movements.

Song: Here We Go Up Up Up

Song: Put Your Finger in the Air

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Book: Goose Needs a Hug by Tad Hills
This doesn't work as a group read-aloud because there is dialogue, but the author doesn't specify who is speaking. But it's really cute, and I think three year olds might understand it better. 

Songs with Foam Hearts 
  • H-E-A-R-T (based on Bingo)
  • Will You Be My Valentine? 
  • There’s a Heart Upon...

Song with Puppet:
You Are My Sunshine

Song: Skinnamarink

 
I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE All Kinds of Kisses (or any Nancy Tafuri, really).
    I found a book called The Shape Of My Heart by Mark Sperring and I used it as a Valentine book for Toddler Time this week and it is a very sweet book! The kids seemed to like the illustrations and it's nice because it's about the shapes we see everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...