Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sending You My Love Pajama Story Time, 2/13/13

  Sending You My Love Pajama Story Time, 2/13/13
 (This week's theme is Valentines and mail.)

Book: Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
This story is almost too sweet, but this group loved it. They especially enjoyed reaching up to show how big their love was. 

Song: Love Somebody
Yet another song from my mom's Girl Scout repertoire. I changed the words from "Love somebody, yes I do. Love somebody and I won't tell who." to "Love my mommy yes I do. Love my mommy and she loves me, too." I stuck my family finger puppets, plus the puppy, into a brown paper bag marked love, then took them out one at a time, asking the room who has a sister, a brother, a mommy, a daddy, or a puppy. Amazingly, all four of  the kids were only children, but they loved the daddy in the tie.

Book: My Heart is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall
Always a hit. One little girl in particular got a lot of giggles out of this one. 

Song: Will You Be My Valentine?

Book: Hug Time by Patrick McDonnell
This one was a tad long, but they stuck with it almost to the end. 

Song: Love Grows

Book: Panda Kisses by Alyssa Satin Capucilli

Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Song: Moon Moon Moon 

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It

Song: Goodnight
We sang goodnight to three animal finger puppets - duck, frog, and cow.


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...