Friday, February 15, 2013

Sending You My Love Preschool Story Time, 2/15/13

   Sending You My Love Preschool Story Time, 2/15/13

This was the smallest and quietest preschool group I have ever had, so I really have no idea whether they liked the things I shared with them or not.  There were one baby, two toddlers, three preschoolers, and a first grader, and they smiled a lot, but said absolutely nothing. There aren't many comments below because I am literally the only one who said anything for the full thirty minutes!
 
Book: Love, Mouserella by David Ezra Stein 

Book: Slugs in Love by Susan Pearson

Song with ukulele: Mail Myself to You
I made up some simple hand motions to go with this song. I taught them the motions, then played the song on the ukulele while they did the movements.

I'm gonna wrap myself in paper 
(hug self)
I'm gonna dab myself with glue 
(pound hands)
Put some stamps on top of my head
(pat head)
I'm gonna mail myself to you
(point to self, then others)

Book: A Letter to Amy by Ezra Jack Keats

Game: Delivering the Mail 
The little basket in the photo above had paper letters in it that I made on my computer, and attached to the posterboard were six little mailboxes, each labeled with the name and picture of an animal which matched the names and pictures on the letters. The kids each got a few to deliver. They did it so quietly and so seriously, it didn't look like much fun, so we did our silly song next.

Song: Hat, Coat, Pants and Shoes 

Book: Meerkat Mail by Emily Gravett

Song: These Are My Glasses

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...