Friday, January 11, 2013

Welcome to Winter! Drop-In Story Time, 1/11/13

Welcome to Winter! Drop-In Story Time, 1/11/13


Book: Here Comes Jack Frost by Kazuno Kohara

Song: Ten Little Icicles

Book: A Den is a Bed for a Bear by Becky Baines
This was surprisingly the better received of the two books, possibly because of the rhyming  text and photos. I am definitely going to see about incorporating more simple non-fiction into this story time.

Song: Goodnight
Since we read about a hibernating bear, we sang goodnight to a bear, and two other hibernating animals - a frog and a mouse. 

Song: Bumpin’ Up and Down on my Little Blue Sled

Song: Five Little Snowmen Riding on the Sled

Song: Head and Shoulders

Letter of the Day: T
Songs with ukulele: ABCs/ Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big
I realized by this point that we had been singing for almost 20 minutes straight, so I threw in some rhymes. It thrilled me to see some of our 18 month olds who have been coming to story time for about a year suddenly doing all the motions with me. 

Rhyme: Blue is the Lake
I was amazed at how well everyone remembered this one, as it's been a few months. I'll have to put it back into the regular rotation now that it's back on my radar.

Song: Sing a Happy Song
This woke up all the grown-ups - they were much more into this song than usual today!

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...