Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Moon-Themed "On the Road" Story Time #4, 7/30/12

This is the first in a backlog of story times I have yet to post about, and it's the last in the series of moon-themed story times I performed at other branches in my system this July. All of my experiences were wonderful, but this one especially impressed me because there were so many kids in the 3 to 5 age range and because they were so attentive and so engaged. I had a great time! 

Opening song (with ukulele): Hello, how are you?

Book: The Moon by Robert Louis Stevenson, illustrated by Tracey Pearson Campbell (2006)

Song: Moon Moon Moon

Song (with ukulele and flannel board): Aikendrum
This is the only group where everyone clapped and pretended to strum all the way through this song. I think this was partly because I have gotten way more comfortable playing it since the summer started. 

Song: Here We Go Up, Up, Up

Book: What's Up? by Mick Manning, illustrated by Brita Granstrom (1997)


Song: Five Little Martians (based on One Little Monster)

Song: Head and Shoulders, Baby

Book: Wynken, Blynken, and Nod by Eugene W. Field, illustrated by Giselle Potter (2008)

Song: Stars Shining Bright 


Book:  Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! I'm Off to the Moon by Dan Yaccarino (1997)
The best part of this story was having everyone count down with me from five.


Song: Five Astronauts Went Up in Space

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...