Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Baby Lap Time #4, 8/2/12 and 8/3/12

This week, the second session varied quite a bit from the first. I took out some of the things I didn't feel confident in and threw in some more of our old lap time favorites. Here are the two sessions: 


Thursday Session


Opening Song: Please Tell Us Your Name 
I was going to try singing a hello song where I didn't actually have to ask anyone their child's name, but there were a few kids I was shaky on so I did this is this way one more time.

Rhyme: Cheek Chin

Book: Goodnight Goodnight Sleepyhead by Ruth Krauss, illustrated by Jane Dyer (2004)

Song with Puppets: Goodnight by the Laurie Berkner Band (sung a cappella)

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Song: Tony Chestnut 

Song: Head and Shoulders, Baby

Book: Itsy Bitsy Babies by Margaret Wild and Jan Ormerod (2010)

Rhyme: This Little Baby

Bounce: All the Little Babies

Rhyme: Jack Be Nimble

Song: Mary Had a Little Lamb
I used my different colored sheep again and sang about five different lambs.

Song with Shaker Eggs: ABCs

Song with Shaker Eggs: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Song with Shaker Eggs: Can You Shake Your Egg with Me?

Goodbye Song: Shaker Egg Goodbye Song


Friday Session

Opening Song: Hello, _________
To the tune of Goodnight Ladies, I sang hello to every child by name. I have finally learned most of these kids' names so it was easy to do and much quicker!

Rhyme: Cheek Chin

Book: Goodnight Goodnight Sleepyhead by Ruth Krauss, illustrated by Jane Dyer (2004)

Song with Puppets: Goodnight by the Laurie Berkner Band (sung a cappella)

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Song: Tony Chestnut 

Book: Itsy Bitsy Babies by Margaret Wild and Jan Ormerod (2010)

Bounce: All the Little Babies

Song: Head and Shoulders, Baby

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It

Rhyme: Jack Be Nimble

Song: Mary Had a Little Lamb

Song with Shaker Eggs: ABCs

Song with Shaker Eggs: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Song with Shaker Eggs: Shake My Sillies Out

Song with Shaker Eggs: Can You Shake Your Egg with Me?

Goodbye Song: Shaker Egg Goodbye Song

I was especially touched on Friday when a mom told me, "I never knew my daughter liked books until we came to story time. Now we read at home." This is why we have story times for babies. If anyone ever asks, I now have that anecdote to share. Just a lovely thing for a librarian to hear. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...