Thursday, August 2, 2012

Baby/Toddler Story Time (Yellow Theme), 7/31/12

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Rhyme: Blue is the Lake

 
Book: This is the Sunflower by Lola M. Schaefer, illustrated by Donald Crews (2000)
When the nannies find a book boring, they choose not to listen. This was such a book. I've tried this one a couple of times, and it is not something I'll use in this story time again. 

Song (with ukulele and flannel board): Oh Yellow Flower

Song: Head and Shoulders, Baby

Rhyme:  Here is the Earth
I needed a simple night-themed rhyme, so I wrote this one:
Here is the earth so big and round.
Here is the moon so bright.
And here are the stars that sparkle and shine
all through the night. 


Book: The House in the Night by Susan Marie Swanson, illustrated by Beth Krommes (2008) 

Rhyme: Lemon Tree
This rhyme from Everything Preschool was actually very well-received. The kids didn't do it themselves, but watching me do the motions seemed to really entertain them. 

Book: School Bus by Donald Crews (1984)

Song (with ukulele): The Wheels on the Bus 
What a disaster. The adults know this song better than any other, but unless I do the motions, they won't do them, even when I demonstrate the motion before each verse. I won't do this one with the ukulele again.

Book: Five Little Ducks by Ian Beck (1993)

Song: Sunny Day by Elizabeth Mitchell 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...