Monday, October 22, 2012

Drop-In Story Time, 10/19/12

 
Book: This is Not a Pumpkin by Bob Staake
This is a crowd-pleaser. Even the adults thought the ending was fun.

Flannel Board Song: Five Little Pumpkins Round
This was a huge, huge hit. They loved it last year, and they're still enjoying it this year!

Book: Corn Aplenty by Dana Meachen Rau, illustrated by Melissa Iwai
I have to stop reading paperbacks at story time. I can't hold them up!

Rhyme: Corn Grows Tall

Book: Apples, Apples by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld, illustrated by Christopher Santoro

Rhyme: Way Up High in the Apple Tree

Letter of the Day: Letter I
Songs with Ukulele: ABCs / Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song: Sing a Happy Song

Song: Bumpin’ Up and Down in My Little Red Wagon

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: Chickadee
 
I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...