Friday, October 4, 2013

Flannel Friday: Knock Knock! Trick or Treat!

Though I am officially no longer employed as a children's librarian as of 5:45 p.m. this afternoon (Friday, 10/4), I still have a flannel board idea to share today. I hope some of you who are doing Halloween story times will be able to use my original rhyme and let me know how the kids enjoy it!

The rhyme goes like this:

Knock knock! Trick or treat!
Behind this door, who will we meet?

Ask the kids to help you choose a door. Behind each door is hidden a Halloween creature. When the creature is revealed, all chant:

A [ghost]! A [ghost]! A spooky spooky [ghost]!

Repeat for as many doors as you'd like. 

Because I have no immediate reason to use this idea, I opted to make it into a Google Drive presentation, rather than a traditional flannel board. The presentation is embedded below. To find out who is hidden behind a given door, click on that door. This will take you to a new slide showing a ghost, witch, mummy, spider, or bat. To return to the doors, click on the individual creature.


Those of you who use iPads or a projector in story time might want to use this presentation as is, but if you'd prefer to adapt it to the traditional flannel format, here are links to the clipart images I used.
 This week's Flannel Friday Halloween Extravaganza is hosted by Kay Leigh at Storytime ABC's.

11 comments :

  1. Oh, I love this! I'm going to make a flannel for my Halloween Tea Party! Thanks for the idea. Good luck with your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A Halloween Tea Party sounds like so much fun!

      Delete
  2. This is great! I hope you have time to continue sharing your ideas even after the new little one comes along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely plan to keep sharing when I can.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just completely blew my mind! This is a great use for an ipad in storytime, thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I hope you'll have a chance to use it - and let me know how it goes!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...