Monday, July 22, 2013

My Body Toddler Lap Time, 7/19/13

My Body Toddler Lap Time, 7/19/13

This story time only attracted one child and her dad this past Friday, probably because it was just so unbearably hot. Because there was only one child, I was a bit more free with the structure of the session and we ran just a little short.

Book: Here Are My Hands by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambeault

Song: Hands up High

Rhyme: Dance Your Fingers

Book: Can You Cuddle Like a Koala? by John Butler

Song: Cuddly Koalas

Songs with Foam Stars: 
  • Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
  • There's a Star Upon My Head
  • Stars Shining Bright 
    The little girl loved naming the colors and sorting the stars into piles. We actually repeated that activity again after story time.
Song: If You're Happy and You Know It
The little girl's dad told me they have been reading the Jane Cabrera picture book version of this song, so we tried to remember some of the actions the animals do in the book, along with our usual clapping, stomping, and beeping of noses.

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...