Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dig Into Reading (Gardening): Toddler Lap Time, 6/21/13

Dig Into Reading (Gardening): Toddler Lap Time, 6/21/13

Book: Flower Garden by Eve Bunting
This book was much better-suited to this small group than the larger morning group. I think it also helped that it was first, as it was the most complex of the three books we read.

Flannel Board Song: My May Garden
The kids loved this, and I think we might keep using it in future weeks as an alternative to some of our other action songs that are starting to get a bit stale. 

Flannel Board Rhyme: My Garden
Toddlers love a good counting flannel board! I had a couple of helpers who assisted me in "picking" the flowers. 

Book: Up Down and Around by Katherine Ayres
As I mentioned after Thursday's story time, I did ask the kids to make motions for up, down, and around as we read this book, and that made it a lot more fun.

Rhyme: Corn Grows Tall
Another fabulous rhyme that the kids just loved!

Book: Ten Seeds by Ruth Brown
Once again, this book is where it all began to unravel. I quickly finished it because it was so short,  and moved onto a more interactive activity that all the kids could participate in.

Activities with foam flowers:

Songs with Puppet:
Song: Hands Up High

Song: ABCs

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It 

Song: The More We Read Together

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...