Thursday, May 16, 2013

ABCs: B is for Baby Lap Time, 5/16/13

 ABCs: B is for Baby Lap Time, 5/16/13


Book: Old Bear by Kevin Henkes
This is a bit much for a baby audience. I think I'd only use it with toddlers in the future.

Rhyme: Two Little Blackbirds
At least two babies tried to hold up their fingers and do this with me, and that was a surprise, since one was brand new to story time, and this hasn't been a regular rhyme for us lately.
 
Song: Bumpin’ Up and Down in My Little Red Wagon

Song: Tony Chestnut

Rhyme: One Two

Book: Where is Baby’s Belly Button? by Karen Katz
I was surprised this didn't go over better. The parents didn't even seem interested.

Song: All the Little Babies
It's a good thing we do this song every week because I had a coughing fit and lost my singing ability in the middle of it. Thankfully, the moms knew all the words and kept on without me. After two more spoken rhymes, I was okay  to sing again. the

Flannel Board Rhyme:
Hippety Hop Hippety Hay
I like this simple rhyme - we tap our knees on the "hippety-hop" part and clap when all the bunnies are gone.

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Song: Buzzing Buzzing Bumblebee
The babies were even into puppets this morning! Weird day. 

Song: Flutter Flutter Butterfly

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Song: ABCs


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...