Thursday, April 4, 2013

Signs of Spring Baby Lap Time, 4/4/13

 Signs of Spring Baby Lap Time, 4/4/13

Rhyme: Cheek Chin 

Book: Planting Seeds by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
This was a good baby read-aloud. We didn't count each bunny, but we counted to ten once on the last page.

Song with Puppet: Mr. Sun

Song with Puppets: Did You Ever See?
One little guy was so in love with the puppets he wanted to be right next to me the whole time!

Song: Tony Chestnut
I am always surprised when a group doesn't get this song, but it happened again today.

Rhyme: One Two, One Two
This is a new rhyme for me, and it was a huge hit. I'm definitely adding it to my mental list of surefire baby lap time successes.

Rhyme: Two Little Blackbirds (with stick puppets)
I did this rhyme three times, using the plain birds shown on the flannel board in the photo. I stuck them on popsicle sticks to it was easy to make them fly away and come back. Babies were mesmerized; parents were great at participating!

Book: The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss, illustrated by Crockett Johnson

Bounce Rhyme: One I Love You
This was a new bounce, and it wasn't as well received as I would have thought. I think the last phrase - "bouncing buckaroo" - puzzled some of my non-native English speakers. I wonder if there's something else I could that would rhyme just as well...

Bouncing Song: All the Little Babies

Rhyme with Cow Puppet: Hey Diddle Diddle

Song with Puppets: All the Cows Say... 

Flannel Board Rhyme: Hippety Hop
I normally don't do flannel boards for the babies, but these pieces are nice and big and the  rhyme is short and sweet. It was a success!

Song: Head and Shoulders

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It 


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...