Monday, March 18, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring Toddler Lap Time, 3/15/13

  It's Raining, It's Pouring Toddler Lap Time, 3/15/13

This story time was stressful. A preschool parent barged in though she was not registered and I basically spent the entire story time just trying to keep myself from losing my temper.  (This person is a known problem and it had already been a tough day.) In any case, the activities I repeated from the previous day were bigger successes the second  time around, and the kids were very engaged even if they didn't move around as much as I expected.

Book: The Big Storm by Nancy Tafuri

Song: I Like to See the Raindrops Fall

Book: Rain Dance by Kathi Appelt

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Book: Ollie the Stomper by Olivier Dunrea

Song: I Can Walk With Two Feet

Song with Sun Puppet: Mr. Sun

Song with Sun Puppet: You Are My Sunshine

Songs & Rhymes with Foam Flowers:
Song: Hands Up High 





Song: Head and Shoulders 

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...