Saturday, March 2, 2013

Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes Drop-In Story Time, 3/1/13

 Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes Drop-In Story Time, 3/1/13

A nanny asked me to sing happy birthday to the twin boys she works with at the start of story time, and despite my better judgment I said yes. I wish I hadn't now, because I'm sure there will be weekly requests to follow, and because starting out with something out of the usual routine got everyone off track for the entire session. I haven't seen the adults behave so badly in a long, long time. They just would not stop talking, but I hated to cut myself short because the kids liked the books. So I read all three books, and it was complete chaos. *sigh* I guess it's good to know the routine works so well, but it kills me that we can't deviate from it even a tiny bit.


Book: We’ve All Got Bellybuttons by David Martin

Song: Head and Shoulders

Book: You Can Do It, Too! by Karen Baicker

Song: You Can Clap Your Hands

Song: I Can Walk With Two Feet


Book: I Went Walking by Sue Williams

Song: Hands Up High

Letter of the Day: G
Songs with ukulele: ABCs / Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song: Shake My Sillies Out

Song: Tommy Thumb

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...