Friday, February 1, 2013

Let's Read About Pets! Drop-In Story Time, 2/1/13

  Let's Read About Pets! Drop-In Story Time, 2/1/13

Today's group was pretty small, so I kept their attention pretty well. Some of the letter Y songs didn't go over as well as I expected, but the dog books and songs were very well-received. In retrospect, I realize we didn't make a lot of dog sounds this time - if we do this theme again, I'll have to get some more barking in there!

Book: Dogs by Emily Gravett

Song:
BINGO

Song:
Bingo’s Doghouse

Book:
Domino by Clare Masurel 
This book has previously been a flop, but today it was the favorite.
Song:
How Much is that Doggie in the Window?
For this one, I made up some motions for us to do to represent "window," and then "basket" and "wagon". Strangely, the kids picked them up right away and the adults kept squinting at me like they couldn't figure out what I was doing.

Song:
I'm a Little Teapot

Song:
Shake My Sillies Out 

Letter of the Day: Letter Y
Songs with ukulele: ABCs / Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song: Wheels on the Bus

Song: Rum Sum Sum
I heard a nanny in the front row say to her friend, "It's supposed to be Ram Sam Sam." I've heard it both ways, but this is the way I memorized it. And it's also the way Laurie Berkner sings it. So I'll stick with it, but maybe next time I'll mention something about the other version, too.

Song: Sing a Happy Song
This song kind of fell apart - the nannies kept clapping faster and faster, making it harder for me to keep the tempo when I was singing.

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...