Saturday, January 19, 2013

We Love to Read! Toddler Lap Time, 1/17/13

  We Love to Read! Toddler Lap Time, 1/17/13

*Theoretically, the two toddler lap times I do each week are identical, but Thursday's session didn't feel very successful to me, so it's completely different from what I presented on Friday. Therefore, I'm making two separate posts.


Song: If You’d Like to Read a Book

Book: Book! by Kristine O'Connell George, illustrated by Maggie Smith

Song with Flannel Board: I’m Going Down to the Library
This song worked well with the big drop-in group on Tuesday, but bombed with the smaller group. 

Flannel Board Rhyme: Down Around the Corner 
We did this rhyme with picture books at the "children's bookstore." I won't be using this again - none of the groups seemed to connect with it. 

Book: Lola Loves Stories by Anna McQuinn, illustrated by Rosalind Beardshaw

Song: These Are My Glasses

Poem: Letter Parade! from Good For You! by Stephanie Calmenson
This was not a hit.

Song: ABCs

Activities with foam stars:
  • Rhyme: Star Light, Star Bright
  • Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
  • Song: There's a Star Upon My Head

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Ring a Round a Rosie

Song: Head and Shoulders


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...