Thursday, January 31, 2013

Let's Read About Pets! Toddler Lap Time, 1/31/13

 Let's Read About Pets! Toddler Lap Time, 1/31/13

We had a hugely successful toddler time this morning! 

Book: Are You a Cow? by Sandra Boynton
The kids loved saying "Nooo" over and over again to the different questions. The parents loved the sweet ending.

Song with Puppet: I’m a Little Green Frog

Book: Oink, Moo, Meow by Sterling Publishing Company
This book is so simple and straightforward, and I love that about it. Some of the kids knew many of the common animal sounds and giggled over the lesser known ones, such as the wolf pup and sea lion.

Song with Puppets: Do You Know the Little Dog?

Book: Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Hands Up High 
This was a new one, and it was just right for this age group. We'll be using it again.

Song: Here We Go Up Up Up

Songs with Shaker Eggs:
This is the first time we've used shaker eggs since the new lap time sessions have begun. The kids had a lot of fun, and I think this combination of songs is the best one I've used. I'll probably use these every other week, and work up to switching off with bubbles and the parachute.
Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Song: Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It 

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...