Friday, January 25, 2013

Here We Go! Toddler Lap Time, 1/24/13

 Here We Go! Toddler Lap Time, 1/24/13 

As with last week, this lap time and the Friday lap time were pretty different, so they're getting two separate posts.

Rhyme: When I Travel
I wrote this rhyme and used clipart printed out and mounted on construction paper to demonstrate the concepts. (Our color copier is down, so I can't make any color flannel boards right now!)

Book: Little Tug by Steven Savage

Song: Row Row Row Your Boat

Book: Flying by Donald Crews

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Shake My Sillies Out

Song: Sing a Happy Song 

Songs with Steering Wheels: I have never seen a group of children less enthusiastic about a prop than these kids were about the paper plates I handed out for them to use as steering wheels. Normally, they love props, but not this crowd, so we cut it short, did only two songs and quickly collected them. I intended to have them "drive" a bus, a car, and a truck, as shown on the popsicle stick puppets in the photo above, but we skipped that song.
Rhymes: Selections From Truckery Rhymes
This was such a big hit that one of the moms asked if she could borrow the book. Figuring I could find something else for the Friday session, I let her take it.

  • Rumble Rumble Monster Max
  • Three Loud Trucks
  • This is the Way
  • Rock-a-Bye Mixer

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Song: The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...