Monday, January 28, 2013

Here We Go! Preschool Story Time, 1/25/13

 Here We Go! Preschool Story Time, 1/25/13
Book: Fast Food by Saxton Freymann, illustrated by Joost Elffers


Song: Shake My Sillies Out 
We had a little argument going on in the front row between a three-year-old boy who refused to sit down and a little girl who is very aware of rules and the importance of following them. The boy's mom basically told him it was fine to stand in the little girl's way, even after I asked that we all sit on our bottoms, so I did this song to get everyone moving while I thought it over. By the end of the song, he was tired enough that he sat. 

Book: The Three Little Rigs by David Gordon
This is a wonderful retelling of the Three Little Pigs using trucks. This was my favorite of the four, and I think it was the kids' favorite too.

Song with Ukulele: Little Red Caboose
This wasn't a huge hit with this group, but they were mesmerized by the ukulele.

Book: Duck on a Bike by David Shannon
I will never stop loving the image of all those animals staring at the kids' bikes right before they get on and ride them. The little girl who loves to enforce rules also raised her hand to tell me it wasn't nice to steal bicycles from the kids without asking. She reminds me a lot of myself as a four year old.

Book: Mitchell's License by Hallie Durand, illustrated by Tony Fucile
I love Tony Fucile's artwork, and the premise of this book so much that I use it at story time even though I think the kids miss most of the humor. It works well for story times where the whole family attends, and there were some moms and grandmas this week that got a kick out of it.

This was a nice, calm story time to end the week. I'd love another session like this - soon!

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...