Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pajama Story Time, 10/31/12

This was a trickier story time than usual. Most kids were out trick-or-treating, and only two came to story time. One spoke very little English, so his dad tried to translate for him. The other child was a regular, though, so it worked out fine, even if it was a little bit awkward for me. I will say that the spider theme is a good one, and I would like to use it again.

Book: The Eensy Weensy Spider Freaks Out! by Troy Cummings

Book: The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle

Flannel Board Rhyme: Four Colorful Flies

Book: Wilbur Makes a Friend by Jennifer Frantz
I am normally against easy reader adaptations of famous books, but I thought this particular one was a nice introduction to Charlotte's Web, and I made sure to explain that it was taken from a novel and that the novel is great.

Song: There's a Spider on the Floor

Book: Anansi the Spider by Gerald McDermott

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...