Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Drop-In Story Time, 10/23/12

Book: Let’s Go For a Drive by Mo Willems
This book is long for toddlers, but it has a lot of call and response stuff, and the characters are well known, so I gave it a shot. It was a smart move. Everybody loved it! 

Song with ukulele: Let’s Take a Ride in an Automobile (from Sesame Street)

Book: Sputter Sputter Sput by Babs Bell, illustrated Bob Staake
I wondered how this book would go over, and I think it was kind of a flop. The text is just a bit too stilted to make sense. The illustrations are perfect, though.

Book: The Wheels on the Bus by Annie Kubler
You can never go wrong singing The Wheels on the Bus, with or without a book.

Letter of the Day: Letter J

Songs with Ukulele: ABCs/Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/Baa Baa Black Sheep

Flannel Board Rhyme: Signs of Fall
I wrote this rhyme last year and never used it, so I tried it out. It was good, but there were people sitting behind me, who insist on leaning against a wall, so it was hard to keep the rhythm of the rhyme and make sure everyone could see the flannel pieces at the same time.  

Song: Brown Squirrel
Rhyme: Blue is the Lake

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It

Song: Chickadee

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...