Friday, May 4, 2012

Preschool Story Time, 5/4/12


The fact that I was doing this story time today was a surprise, but I had some transportation books set aside, so I pulled those out and I was all set.

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big 

Book: I Love Trains! by Philemon Sturges, illustrated by Shari Halpern
I really wish I'd opened with a book with more of a plot. I have been trying to have at least one book that is a true story, rather than a litany of actions or animal sounds or simple daily activities. Still, this book had the attention of a good number of the kids, and I could tell they enjoyed the illustrations.

Rhyme: Here is the Engine 

Song: Shake My Sillies Out 

Book: Toot Toot Beep Beep by Emma Garcia
I love the sounds in this book, as well as the cute ending, where the cars go to sleep in the parking lot.

Flannel Board Rhyme: Seven Snazzy Aunties

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: I'm a Little Teapot


Book: Mr. Gumpy's Outing by John Burningham (1970)
Some of the older kids (the actual preschoolers) thought Mr. Gumpy's name was hilarious.  They were not as interested in the storyline itself. I should have started with this book, I think.

Song: Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Song: Tommy Thumb

Song: Chickadee 

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...