Friday, May 4, 2012

Pre-K Class Visit, 5/4/12

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Discussion: What do we have at the library? What does a librarian do?

Book: I Took My Frog to the Library by Eric A. Kimmel, illustrated by Blanche Sims (1990) 

Song: I'm Going Down to the Library
The kids did a great job recalling the story after we read it, but they seemed most interested in the hyena and kept hoping we'd get to him next.

Book: Otto the Book Bear by Katie Cleminson (2011)Yes, this class also predicted that Otto would find his long-lost book at the library.  They were the only grouped completely stumped when I asked why people might pack boxes.

Action Rhyme: Book Bear, Book Bear
The teacher seemed surprised that I was having the kids get up and move around. I can't imagine reading for 30 minutes straight without some movement.
 
Book: May I Bring a Friend? by Beatrice Schenk de Regniers, illustrated by Beni Montresor (1966)
Almost everyone in the class had read this one. I was really surprised! 

Rhyme: Fierce is the Dragon
I forgot the words towards the end and felt like a dummy, but I recovered and the kids seemed to like it. 

Book: Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin, illustrated by James Dean (2010)
This was such a hit that kids came in after school demanding that I bring it when I come back next month.  (One of them even made me write myself a note!)

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...