Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Baby/Toddler Story Time, 11/22

Opening Song: Hello, how are you? 


Book: Five Silly Turkeys by Salina Yoon
I liked this book for its feathers, but that was about it. There is an annoying tense change from present to past in each verse of the rhyme, and the illustrations are just sort of okay.


Song: Hello, Mr. Turkey

Song: Did You Ever See a Turkey?They really loved this. I took pictures of my puppets, finally, and I'll probably make a separate post for them later today.

Book: Thank You, Thanksgiving by David Milgrim (2003)
This book was not the hit I was expecting. The collection of things the girl is thankful for is just too random and abstract.

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Head and Shoulders

Song: Hands Are For Clapping 

Flannel Board Song: Thanks a Lot
The first session parents all sang with me, but the second two sessions weren't as interested. Possibly because my voice gets deeper with each session, until finally I sound like a man! 

Song: If You're Thankful and You Know It
The nannies laughed at me for this one, but they sang along, so it was a success.

Flannel Board Song: We Eat Turkey
The foods I used for this song didn't work so well, but I had trouble finding clip art for cranberry sauce and other more common foods. I'd like to revamp it, though, for other occasions.

Song: Tommy Thumb

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...