Friday, November 18, 2011

Flannel Friday: Thanksgiving Post #3: We Eat Turkey

This song is sung to the tune of Frere Jacques, and it got onto my radar courtesy of everythingpreschool.com. I had some trouble finding suitable clip art for some usual Thanksgiving foods, so I chose these instead. Hopefully, someone somewhere eats them on Thanksgiving.

We eat turkey,
 We eat turkey.
Oh so good,
Oh so good.
Always on Thanksgiving, 
Always on Thanksgiving.
Yum, yum, yum!
Yum, yum, yum!

We eat mashed potatoes,
 We eat mashed potatoes.
Oh so good,
Oh so good.
Always on Thanksgiving, 
Always on Thanksgiving.
Yum, yum, yum!
Yum, yum, yum! 

We eat corn,
 We eat corn.
Oh so good,
Oh so good.
Always on Thanksgiving, 
Always on Thanksgiving.
Yum, yum, yum!
Yum, yum, yum! 

We eat squash,
 We eat squash.
Oh so good,
Oh so good.
Always on Thanksgiving, 
Always on Thanksgiving.
Yum, yum, yum!
Yum, yum, yum! 

We eat pumpkin pie,
 We eat pumpkin pie.
Oh so good,
Oh so good.
Always on Thanksgiving, 
Always on Thanksgiving.
Yum, yum, yum!
Yum, yum, yum!

Dinner's over,
Dinner's over.
We are stuffed! 
We are stuffed!
What a great Thanksgiving, 
What a great Thanksgiving 
Yum, yum, yum, 
Yum, yum yum!

(I feel awkward without a definitive ending to a song, so I tacked this last verse onto the end. I haven't decide yet whether I'll need to use it, but I like to have it on hand just in case!)

Need some more Thanksgiving ideas? Check out my Flannel Friday post from last week.

This week's Flannel Friday host is Cate at 1234 Storytiming. Also check out Flannel Friday's boards on Pinterest, and the list of previous Flannel Friday round-ups at So Tomorrow.

5 comments :

  1. Complicated/detailed songs are very creative, but I love the plain and simple songs for storytime because I want the grownups to be able to memorize the song while we're singing, so that they can sing it again with their kids when they are at home. This one is PERFECT, and can be stretched indefinitely, and of course you can always add in silly food too! Love your last verse, you did a great job creating closure for the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to add this for my Thanksgiving storytime next year. I love this idea and song because you can change the food and lyrics to be about any family dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Melissa - I like to occasionally challenge myself to a more detailed song, but my favorites are the ones that can be easily learned and easily customized. Unfortunately, I caught a stomach bug and missed my Thanksgiving story time yesterday, but I'll have another chance on Monday, so I hope this goes over well. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one who suffered from "I need song closure" syndrome. :D Great wrap-up and so adaptable... I like Melissa's idea for a silly food, too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These thanksgiving images are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...