Friday, October 7, 2011

Tales for Twos & Threes, 10/7


Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Song: If You'd Like to Read a Book

Book: The Busy Tree by Jennifer Ward, illustrated by Lisa Falkenstern (2009)
This story follows a tree through its life cycle, showing all of the animals and insects that make their homes around and inside it.  There are some great animal illustrations in this book, especially of the owl and the squirrels.

Rhyme: Blue is the Lake

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Book: Pumpkin, Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington (1990)
This is a quick little story about the growth and carving of a pumpkin. It was the perfect short book to follow the longer first book I read.

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Head and Shoulders

Song: Hands Are For Clapping

Flannel Board Song: Five Little Pumpkins
They loved this one! I was a little uncertain at first, but they clapped so hard at the end. I've discovered that it helps to say The End at the end of a flannel rhyme or song so they know it's over. That seems to make a big difference.

Song: One Little Finger 

Song: Tommy Thumb

Flannel Board Song: Old MacDonald Had a Farm (a cappella)
I normally don't do two flannels in one story time, but I couldn't find all my farm puppets, so this was a backup plan. It worked fine - but I have to maybe cut out the dog and cat next time, because it started getting a little lengthy.

Song: ABCD Medley
One of the nannies (jokingly, I hope) asked me to learn Frere Jacques in Arabic. I do know it in Spanish, I could throw that out there, but I think Arabic is a reach for me!

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

Now I'm off to do Baby/Toddler Lap Time!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...