Thursday, July 7, 2011

6 Board Books About Food



Hola, JalapeƱo!
by Amy Wilson Sanger
2002 | 20 pages | Babies & Toddlers
A celebration of Mexican food for little ones. The vibrant and unique illustrations are the best thing about this book.

Yum Yum Dim Sum
by Amy Wilson Sanger
2003 | 16 pages | Babies & Toddlers
This book features all kinds of Chinese food. I love that the different unfamiliar words are defined on the back cover.

I Like Vegetables
by Lorena Siminovch
2011 | 10 pages | Babies & Toddlers
A veggie-themed book of opposites with wonderful patterns, textures, and colors. Here's a sample spread:



Baby Food
Saxton Freymann & Joost Elffers
2006 | 24 pages | Babies & Toddlers
Baby animals made out of food. Sometimes the illustrations in these books give me the creeps, but this one is mostly cute.

Yummy Yucky
by Leslie Patricelli
2004 | 26 pages | Babies & Toddlers
I haven't read this one yet, but I love Patricelli's expressive and funny illustrations. Here's a sample page:



I Like Fruit
by Lorena Siminovich
2010 | 10 pages | Babies & Toddlers
This book teaches colors using fruit. I really love the textures in this one, and the fact that the cover looks like a wooden cutting board!


Baby Food
by Margaret Miller
2000 | 14 pages | Babies & Toddlers
I haven't read this specific title, but I love Margaret Miller's books, which always feature close-up photographs of diverse baby faces. There's nothing better for a baby story time!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...