Monday, March 18, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring Preschool Story Time, 3/15/13

 It's Raining, It's Pouring Preschool Story Time, 3/15/13

Book: ...And Then it Rained / And Then the Sun Came Out by Crescent Dragonwagon
This book is long, and even longer when you read both halves! I would do this again during a class visit, but not at a story time with three year olds in attendance.

Song: Shake Sillies

Book: Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain by Verna Aardema
I asked everyone to say "Kapiti Plain" with me every time it was mentioned, and the kids got very enthusiastic about it and did it every time. One little girl also mooed very loudly the last few times I mentioned the cows.

Song with Ukulele: Rain Rain Go Away Medley
I played It's Raining, It's Pouring interspersed with Itsy Bitsy Spider and Rain Rain Go Away.

Book: Rainbow of My Own by Don Freeman
The kids got so excited about the idea of having their own rainbows. I was glad I chose this one. (We skipped the fourth book in the picture, but one of the kids wound up borrowing it to take home.)

Craft: Paper plate umbrellas
I saw a version of this craft on Pinterest in two places, then adapted it based on the materials available in my craft cabinets. We decorated our plates with old summer reading stickers from the Make a Splash theme, and used bendable colored drinking straws as our handles.


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...