Monday, October 22, 2012

Pajama Story Time, 10/17/12

Book: Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett, illustrated by Jon Klassen
This is my new favorite preschool read-aloud. I love this book, and so does everyone else I've shared it with. 

Book: The Quilt Story by Tony Johnston and Tomie dePaola
This was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I used to read it to myself over and over again in the mornings before anyone else in the house was awake. I still love that page where  the mice move into the blanket and chew up the shooting star. The kids seemed to like it, too, though I made sure to explain that the quilt belonged to two different girls, something that was not always clear to me.

Song: Sing a Happy Song


Rhyme: Two Little Teddy Bears

Book: Flora's Blanket by Debi Gliori
Every family can relate the bedtime hunt for a favorite toy or blankie, even though the kids in this group claimed it has never happened to them. 

Song: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star 

Song: Moon Moon Moon
Book: A Hat for Minerva Louise by Janet Stoeke
I have never read Minerva Louise books in story time because I always think the humor is too subtle. This one is one of the more straight-forward ones, and it did get some good laughs.

Song with Puppets: Goodnight by the Laurie Berkner Band


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...