Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baby/Toddler Story Time, 5/8/12

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Book: Do Donkeys Dance? by Melanie Walsh (2000)
This book doesn't actually have much to do with donkeys or dancing, but it does pose a series of silly questions that toddlers can easily answer. I was surprised by how many kids actually spoke up and interacted with this book!

Song: Tommy Thumb 
I'm glad I remembered this song. I haven't done it in so long, it's a welcome change!

Song: Shake My Sillies Out

Book: My Mom by Anthony Browne (2005)
I read this book for Mother's Day last year, too. It's never been the kids' absolute favorite, but the moms in the group always seem pleased with it. 

Flannel Board: Five Little Flowers (Mother's Day Edition)
The second group I did this with this morning really loved it, and the ending got a surprising amount of applause.

Song: I'm a Little Teapot 

Book: What Shall We Do with the Boo-Hoo Baby? by Cressida Cowell, illustrated by Ingrid Godon
This book is a lot of fun to read aloud, and it worked like a magnet. The kids stood right up and wandered over to the book for a closer look.  

Rhyme: The Baby in the Cradle
I originally introduced this rhyme during Baby Lap Time, but it's even better with toddlers!

Song with Puppet: Mr. Sun

Song: Put Your Finger in the Air 

Song: The Wheels on the Bus (Session 1 only)
I am officially sick of this song. Time for a break from it...

Song: ABC Song

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...