Sunday, May 13, 2012

Baby Lap Time, 5/10/12 & 5/11/12

In the past 9 months or so since it first began, Baby Lap Time has become my favorite program. This series, in particular, was great because many of our little ones learned to crawl or walk over the course of the six weeks, and I got to see their progress week-to-week. The 6 weeks went by way too fast - even though I am in no way ready for the next session yet, I am excited for it!

Here is what we did during our last sessions this week:

Opening Song: Say Hello

Rhyme: Cheek Chin

Song: Bumpin' Up and Down in My Little Red Wagon 

Flannel Board: Let's Make a Noise

Book: What Does Baby Say? by Begin Smart Books (2008)This is my all-time favorite baby lap time book. I hope the families who have come to all three series so far aren't sick of it! (It doesn't seem like they are. The parents actually seem to really love it.)

Song: Tony Chestnut

Song: Eyes, Nose, Cheeky, Cheeky Chin
A dad who doesn't usually come to lap time commented, "This is too advanced for me."  It is tricky, but I think that is part of the fun for the grown-ups!

Book: All of Baby, Nose to Toes by Victoria Adler (2009)
I really expected parents to pick up on the "Me! I do!" refrain, but none of them did. And this book really is too long for babies. 

Rhyme:  I'm a Little Bumblebee
This has been my favorite rhyme of the entire series. I am thinking about rewriting it to suit animals like bats and owls for this summer.

Song: Mr. Sun 

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It

Songs with Shaker Eggs: 
I'm not yet decided whether I will use shaker eggs this summer. They seemed to become more of an annoyance to the adults than anything, and the process of handing them out and collecting them becomes more burdensome the bigger our groups get. I'm still thinking it over. 

Goodbye Song: Open, Shut Them Goodbye Song

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...