Sunday, April 15, 2012

Baby Lap Time, 4/12/12 and 4/13/12

Week Two was much MUCH better than Week One. So much better. I was better prepared. There weren't quite as many families. I picked better books. Everything was just calmer and more relaxed, and I actually got the chance to enjoy myself. This is the repertoire I used for both sessions.

Opening Song: Say Hello 

Rhyme: Cheek Chin

Rhyme: The Baby in the Cradle

Song: Mr. Sun

Book: Binky by Leslie Patricelli (2005)
I heard several parents say to each other, "That was a good one," as I finished this story. 

Rhyme with Puppets:  I'm a Little Bumblebee 

Song: Bumpin' Up and Down in my Little Red Wagon 



Book: Counting Duckies by Begin Smart Books (2010)
This book has a nice refrain to it - "Let's get wet!" The Thursday morning group got really into it, saying it along with me. The Friday group was a bit more reserved but they reacted more favorably to the ending.


Songs with Shaker Eggs: 

Song: Face, Fingers, Feet and Toes

Song: Tony Chestnut 

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It

Song: All the Little Babies (Session 2 only)

Goodbye Song: Open, Shut Them Goodbye Song

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...