Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Off-site Preschool Class Visit, 2/8/12

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Song: If You'd Like to Read a Book 

 
Book: Let's Look at Dinosaurs by Frances Barry (2011)
I really like this book because it introduces the names of dinosaurs in the simplest and most straight-forward way I have seen in a picture book. It's hard to tell sometimes what this group thinks about a book, since they have been so well-trained to sit silently during story time, but they seemed to enjoy the anticipation of waiting to see what was behind the various flaps.

Book: Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain by Verna Aardema, illustrated by Beatriz Vidal (1981)
This was one of my favorites to share over the summer, and I don't think it's very well-known these days, so I thought it would be a good one to introduce to this group. I think I read it really well, but there wasn't much interaction on the part of the class, even when prompted, so it's hard to know what they thought.

Song: Rum Sum Sum 

Book: From Head to Toe by Eric Carle (1997)
I tried to get a little call and response going, but they were a tad too young to understand how it worked. Their teacher helped them say, "I can do it!" though, and they did a great job of acting out the different animals' actions.

Song: The Wheels on the Bus (a cappella)

Book: Harry the Dirty Dog by Harry Zion, illustrated by Margaret Bloy Graham (1956)
I have been wanting to read this to preschoolers for months, and finally thought of it at a time when it was checked in! This was the favorite of this session - kids love dogs!

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...