Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gettin Crafty Post #13: Hiding Owls

For an introduction to this series of Gettin' Crafty posts, visit Post #1.



I. Supplies
II. Prep
These come individually wrapped, so I unwrapped them and separated out the tree trunks from the owls. I also took and hid the extra owls provided in each package so that there would be some spares in the event of a ripped owl or some other such preschooler catastrophe. (We wound up using two or three extras.)

III. Instructions

Color  the owl first, then glue the owl to the front part of the tree, so that his face is peeking through the hole. Then glue on the back. Glue stick works fine - regular glue would have oozed out of the sides. I found that a lot of the parents were in a rush with this craft, and either didn't want the kids to do the tree part, or left out the coloring of the owl. But it's still a good-quality, quick, easy, and affordable craft, which fit everything I was looking for! I'm considering ordering more of these for the summer reading program.

1 comment :

  1. I looked on the website, and Oriental Trading is sold out! I think I can come up with my own though, and I'm stealing this idea for SRC. Thanks for sharing such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...