Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby/Toddler Lap Time, 1/20/12

If there were 70 children at this story time, I would not be surprised. I counted about 60, but they're always moving around and there were some people who didn't fit into the room, so I easily could have missed some.  It was a HUGE group, and I have to admit, it was somewhat intimidating. But I didn't let it get to me too much, since this is traditionally a very good group. I just went with my usual routine, and it went quite well. I don't have time to make any commentary right now, as I have a cart of books to shelve and various other tasks waiting for me, but here is a quick list of what we did.

Opening Song: Hello, how are you? 

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

Rhyme: Wiggle Fingers

Book: Let's Say Hi to Friends Who Fly! by Mo Willems (2010)
I added in some animal sounds to get the crowd involved. Worked like a charm!

Song: Did You Ever See a Penguin? 

Song: Bumpin' Up and Down on My Little Blue Sled 

Book: School Bus by Donald Crews (1984)

Song: The Wheels on the Bus (a cappella)

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Shake My Sillies Out

Song: There's a Little Wheel a-Turnin' in my Heart 

Flannel Board Rhyme: Five Little Snowflakes Falling All Together
Two things: 1. God bless the one dad who said the entire rhyme with me. 2. One little snowflake can't fall "all together." Major flaw in my rhyme! 

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It (a cappella)

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider (a cappella)

Song: One Little Finger (a cappella)

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

1 comment :

  1. Hi, thanks for posting about your storytimes. I'm a YS librarian and it's always inspiring to see what others are doing. As for your snowflake problem... maybe you could change the rhyme to "falling one after the other" or "one after another?" Just a rhyming suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...