Friday, October 28, 2011

Baby/Toddler Lap Time, 10/28

Opening Song: Hello, how are you? 

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big (twice)

Rhyme: One Little Ghost

Song: Brown Squirrel 

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Book: Trick or Treat? by Melanie Walsh (2009)
I sensed that this book wouldn't be a good read-aloud, and I should have trusted my gut. Too many small flaps to open while also holding the book. I got basically no reaction at all. Also, the book felt disjointed and had no real sense of continuity.

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Head and Shoulders 

Flannel Board Song: Five Little Pumpkins
I (temporarily) lost a pumpkin before story time, so we had one imagined pumpkin, and four tangible ones. Ugh. The magic of this song has finally started to wear off, too, so it's probably going to be retired for  the season after today.

Song: One Little Monster


My sense of timing is all confused, so I had to add some songs to the end of what I had planned. Though I don't think anyone else realized it, I felt very awkward and rushed today.

Book: Halloween Faces by Nancy Davis (2010)
I thought this would be a decent read-aloud, but I was wrong again! I really think I need to stop trying to read more than one book to this group, and focus more on flannel boards and rhymes.

Song: The Wheels on the Bus (Raffi version)

Song: ABCD Medley

Song: Chickadee

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...