Friday, July 5, 2013

Play Time!: Toddler Lap Time, 7/5/13

 Play Time!: Toddler Lap Time, 7/5/13

One child was signed up for this session, and he did not show, but four others did, so it was a success! Two were regulars, and one regular came with friends. The kids were engaged, attentive, and energetic, and I could tell that they have really been learning our songs from week to week. The books were both perfect in terms of length and interest level, and the flannel boards were both very well-received.

Book: We Play by Phyllis Hoffman

Flannel Board: Play With Me!
This went over much better this afternoon than this morning, and I didn't even really do anything differently. I think it helped that this was a smaller group, and that the adults are all story time veterans. Some of the moms this morning clearly didn't know what to expect and seemed puzzled!

Book: Let's Play! by Leo Lionni

Flannel Board Song: Three Kites Up in the Sky
This one went over so well, we did it twice. 

Rhyme: Two Little Teddy Bears

Songs with Shaker Eggs:
One regular nanny told me that she was glad to see the shakers back - I hadn't realized how long it had been since we'd last had them out!


Rhyme: Wiggle Fingers
 
Song with Puppet: Mr. Sun 

Song: I'm a Little Teapot

Song: Hands Up High 


I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...