Friday, June 14, 2013

Flannel Friday: Sarah's Silly Socks

This week, I'm sharing the simplest flannel board story I have ever written. I wrote it for an S-themed preschool story time, and purposely made it very simple because I have a few kids who like to sit with the flannel board and retell the story after story time, and I knew this would be something they could easily memorize.  I'm disappointed that I didn't have the chance to make a full body for Sarah, the little girl in the story, but if I was going to use this for a clothing story time, I'd probably make sure she had feet to put the socks on.

In any case, here is Sarah's Silly Socks.

This is Sarah. She is looking for her silly socks.


Are these Sarah's silly socks?
No. Those are just plain red socks.


Are these Sarah's silly socks?
No. Those are just plain blue socks.


Are these Sarah's silly socks?
No. Those are just plain yellow socks.


Are these Sarah's silly socks?
No. Those are just plain green socks.


Are these Sarah's silly socks?
No. Those are just plain brown socks.

Are these Sarah's silly socks?
Yes! Those socks are silly!


I liked having the plain colored socks because the kids could easily identify the colors and share in telling the story with me. I would like to add some more socks to Sarah's collection, and maybe have her look for something different. For example, we could have all socks with different patterns and try to find the ones with stars, or polka dots, or whatever. Another variation might be to have Sarah look for other silly things that start with S - her silly spoon, her silly shelf, her silly snack, her silly shorts, etc.

This week's Flannel Friday host is Kathryn, who blogs at Fun with Friends at Storytime.

2 comments :

  1. Updated the roundup with this link...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story very much related to Sarah's silly socks. your way of providing information is very best. you have told that you have amazing variety of socks to choose like with stars, or polka dots etc through this post. thanks for sharing this informative post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...