Tuesday, May 14, 2013

ABCs: S is for Story Time Drop-In Story Time, 5/14/13

 ABCs: S is for Story Time Drop-In Story Time, 5/14/13

Book: The Big Sneeze by Ruth Brown
This is a simple story about the ripple effect of one farmer's big sneeze. This book was checked out at the end of story time.

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Book: Senses at the Seashore by Shelley Rotner
I really liked this book, and the kids were really drawn to the photographs. This book was also checked out at the end of the session.

Flannel Board Rhyme: Five Pretty Sandcastles
The adults didn't get this. I don't know why, as I thought the surprise ending was cute, but there was this moment of awkward silence at the end where I could see them all thinking, "huh?"

Book: Silly Sally by Audrey Wood
I was able to borrow a big book version of this book from another branch, and I used the easel to hold it up while I turned the pages. Unfortunately, the adults decided that, since the book was large, and I wasn't holding it, it was fine to pretend like nothing was happening at the front of the room. The kids were really into it, but their grown-ups made it hard for the kids to hear what I was saying.

Letter of the Day: S
Songs with ukulele: ABCs / Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/ Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song: Hands Up High

Rhyme: This is Big, Big, Big

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...