Monday, March 18, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring Drop-In Story Time, 3/15/13

 It's Raining, It's Pouring Drop-In Story Time, 3/15/13

Book: Rainy Day by Patricia Lakin
This book is long, but it rhymes and has a lot of repetition, so I decided to read it at the very beginning of story time. I was surprised by how well it went over, and the cozy library ending inspired me to change my next song from a rainy day song to a book song!

Song: These Are My Glasses

Book: Rabbits and Raindrops by Jim Arnosky
I have had mixed results with this book in the past,  but this time, I helped keep everyone focused by having us count the baby rabbits on several of the pages. It worked like a charm. I had everyone's attention all the way until the end!

Rhyme: Hop Your Bunnies
There was an awesome grandpa in the audience who got really into this rhyme. 

Song: Mr. Sun

Song: You Are My Sunshine

Letter of the Day: K
  • Song: Cuddly Koalas
  • Rhyme: Two Little Kittens
    I forgot my kitten puppets in the closet downstairs, so we just used our hands. Everyone participated, and the adults all said the rhyme along with me.
  • I intended, as the image above shows, to sing I'm a Little Red Kite, but I forgot the words and just decided to skip it.
Songs with ukulele: ABCs/Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/Baa Baa Black Sheep


Song: Hands Up High

Song: The Wheels on the Bus 

Song: Chickadee  

Song: If You're Happy and You Know It

We did so much singing at this story time. A grandmother stopped me afterwards and said, "We must have done your whole repertoire. That was great!" I seem to be popular with grandmas, which makes me happy.



I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...