Friday, December 7, 2012

Drop-In Story Time, 11/27/12

I came down with a stomach bug this past Tuesday night, and I was already plenty behind on blogging by then. Finally, though, I have a few minutes to write up some of the story times I've done in the past two weeks. First up, this drop-in story time from Tuesday, November 27. 

This story time was unusual because our meeting room was closed and I had to hold story time in the small story time we outgrew at the end of last school year. Because we were back in that too-small space, I also needed to provide two sessions to ensure that everyone who wanted to attend had the opportunity to do so. I presented the exact same material for both sessions. The first session had very high attendance  - probably 50 kids - while the second had only about 22 people, adults and kids together.

 
Book: 1,2,3 to the Zoo by Eric Carle

Song with Puppets:
Rain Rain Go Away (with Zoo Animals)

Book: Zoo-Looking by Mem Fox, illustrated by Candice Whitman

Song: Cuddly Koalas
Book: Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell

Song: Goodnight by the Laurie Berkner Band
This song is magic. I don't use the recording, because I like to sing everything a cappella, or with the ukulele, but no matter who is in the  room, or how many people, I have silence for this one.

Letter of the Day: Letter O

Song:
ABCs/ Twinkle Twinkle Little Star / Baa Baa Black Sheep

Song: If You’re Happy and You Know It

Song: The Wheels on the Bus

Song: Monkeys on the Bed

Song: Rum Sum Sum

I use the same hello and goodbye songs at almost every session. Click here for the tunes and words. For descriptions of each of my story times, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...