Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pre-K/K Class Visit, 5/3/12

I had to move this group's monthly visit from the third Thursday of the month, since that will be the first day of my wedding/honeymoon vacation.  This meant I had not yet come up with my repertoire for May class visits, so I wound up scrambling a bit this morning to choose books I had not just read to them two weeks ago. I think in the end it was a really good mix - the kids laughed a lot, which is usually a great sign.

Opening Song: Hello, how are you?

Song: If You'd Like to Read a Book 

Book: Stuck by Oliver Jeffers (2011)
I had never read this aloud before, and even though I've read it a few times to myself, I found the handwritten font really difficult to read. The kids loved it, though, and went crazy when they realized Floyd could have used both the ladder and the saw to rescue everyone from the tree. (I reviewed this book in February.)

Rhyme: Blue is the Lake
I am pretty sure the teachers have been doing this rhyme at school because the kids knew every word, and I've only done it with them twice.

Book: Ninety-Three in My Family by Erica S. Perl, illustrated by Mike Lester (2006)
The concept of having ninety-three family members was hilarious for this group. One little boy announced at the end, "I liked that!" which completely warmed my heart.

Song: Shake My Sillies Out

Book: Hen Hears Gossip by Megan McDonald, illustrated by Joung Un Kim
They didn't quite get the message of this story, but they liked the silliness of it. The ending doesn't really match the rest of the book, but they still liked it overall.

Song: These Are My Glasses by the Laurie Berkner Band
This group loves this song. I almost can't explain it. They groan when it's time to stop singing, no matter how many times we repeat it!

Goodbye Song: We Wave Goodbye Like This

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...